Cranial 1 - Biodynamic Interface
March 15-18, 2019 | Cost: $600 | Deposit: $100 | Spaces Left: 12Log In to Register
Register for the Workshop
Register for the Workshop - Check Payment
Friday, Saturday, Sunday 9am-6pm
26 CEUs | read reviews
30% discount for students repeating the class
What you will learn
- a sensation-based way to verify being centered and grounded when working with clients
- how to modulate awareness to perceive the three-dimensional entirety of specific elements within the client
- how to form a physical interface which amplifies the cranial system’s self-healing potency
- what quietude is and how it is affected by the practitioner’s state relative to the client
- how to train the felt-sense to palpate the client’s derma-body and inner-body
- how to detect where healing forces are gathered and working on behalf of your client, to connect with these forces and let them guide the treatment process
- how to palpate motility and orient neutrals to usher in profound healing; biodynamic treatment cycles
At the heart of any healing modality lies the ability to remain present; biodynamic cranial therapy teaches us how. Come learn this subtle yet extremely potent way to facilitate deep healing.
With the Biodynamic approach, we form a relationship to the health already abiding within the client and facilitate it's expression throughout their entire being. Learn how to palpate and employ cranial motility, fulcrums and neutrals to engage the deepest healing resources.
You will learn how to sensitively work with the cranio-sacral system, advance your confidence in subtle palpation skills and experience the profound stillness at the heart of health. Open to all licensed health-care providers, yoga teachers, and lay-persons with a keen interest in learning how to connect and be present with others safely, respectfully, to enhance health.
Class sizes are intentionally small and assistants are employed to ensure students confidently integrate the approach. Ongoing support is available after workshops via Supplements, Treatment Exchanges, Feedback Sessions and Mentorship.
April Straus, LAc, LMT received her training in acupuncture and Oriental medicine from the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, graduating with a masters degree in 2003. She has been a NCCAOM Diplomat since 2004 and an LMT since 1997. April continued training by studying cranial sacral therapy, biodynamic massage, five element acupuncture, Kiiko style acupuncture and the LifeLine Technique™. The philosophy behind these modalities is that the body knows how to heal itself. April completed a Biodynamic Massage mentorship with Todd Jackson in 2017 and provides hands-on assistance at his trainings.
Monica Rudestam, LAc, LMT strives to understand the uniqueness of the individual's constitution and his or her personal blocks to health. She combines her acupuncture training, herbal and dietary therapy, and hands-on physical and energetic modalities in order to bring awareness to the physical and energetic blocks in the body that inhibit reaching our full potential. Monica completed a Biodynamic Massage mentorship with Todd Jackson in 2012, and provides hands-on assistance at his trainings.