April 7, 2018 | Cost: $120 | Deposit: $120 | Spaces Left: 12Log In to Register
Register for the Workshop
Register for the Workshop - Check Payment
Saturday from 2-5pm
@ 3016 NE Killingsworth
Hosted by the The People's Yoga.
Headstand (sirsasana) stimulates the cranial glands, which amplify and regulate tissue repair, metabolic and hormonal health. Daily headstand practice brings tremendous improvements in mood, stamina and vitality. Learn how to safely guide your students into sirsasana and enhance their sense of accomplishment.
What you will learn:
- The flexibility and functional movement requirements for sirsasana and which poses can bring these to your students.
- How to articulate and demonstrate setting the foundation, entering, optimizing and exiting headstand.
- Visual and hands-on skills to assess a student's safety and provide modifications where necessary.
- A progression of headstand alternatives, from supine to the full pose, so everyone in your class can safely experience the benefits of headstand in a way that honors their level of preparedness
- Recommended strategies for lesson plans which gradually train your student base to find success in sirsasana.