February 24, 2018 | Cost: $90 | Deposit: $90 | Spaces Left: 14Log In to Register
Register for the Workshop
Register for the Workshop - Check Payment
Saturday from 2-5pm
@ 5428 NE 30th
Hosted by the The People's Yoga.
Shoulderstand (sarvangasana) restores a stressed nervous system, cures physical depletion, and heals the emotional body. Bring this tremendously beneficial pose to your students, safely, with care, competence and confidence.
What you will learn:
- The flexibility and functional movement requirements for shoulderstand and which poses can bring these to your students.
- How to assess a student’s neck and shoulder scenario and configure props to support that scenario for safe, long-term practice.
- How to develop your eye to spot and rectify common shoulderstand hazards.
- A progression of sarvangasana alternatives, from supine to the full pose, so you can share the most appropriate version for each student, ensuring everyone receives the benefit of shoulderstand in a way that honors their current flexibility and musculoskeletal integrity.
- Recommended strategies for lesson plans which gradually train your student base to find success in sarvangasana.